Raw Vegan Mushroom Lettuce Wraps

Wednesday, February 25, 2015



I believe that ultimate health and well being can be achieved if the majority if not all of your diet is full of raw fruits and vegetables. (raw meaning, not cooked) I love eating raw, I know I am getting the full nutritional benefits from my meals. I never feel slow or sluggish instead I feel alive and vibrant. These lettuce wraps are fully raw and are so delicious.


Ingredients

2 cups of white button mushrooms, chopped
1/2 can of sliced water chestnuts, chopped
1/2 cup of dry roasted, unsalted cashews, chopped
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup of julienned carrots
Butter lettuce leaves

Marinade

3 Tbs of low sodium Tamari
2 splashes of apple cider vinegar
1 healthy dollop of Sriracha
1 Tbp of coconut sugar
1/2 inch of fresh ginger, minced


Directions


Chop all of your nuts and vegetables and put it all in a big bowl. Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a separate bowl, then pour the marinade over. Let your vegetable mixture marinade for at least an hour at room temperature before spooning the mixture into your lettuce cups.


Enjoy and remember to be always mindful and eat with compassion!

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs