Thai Coconut Curry

Sunday, March 1, 2015


There is something very comforting about a warm curry. This dish is so easy to make and full of fresh vegetables, healthy fats. I keep my fats very low in all my dishes. A good tip to always remember is, the fat you eat is the fat you wear. That being said some fat is good for you and they all should be plant based. Some healthy fats are avocados, coconut, and nuts.


Ingredients

2 cups of sushi rice (you can use any type of rice, I just happen to love sushi rice because it's sticky)
4 cups of chopped fresh vegetables (I used, sugar peas, carrots, and zucchini)
1 cup of low sodium vegetable broth 
1 can of light coconut milk
1 lime
2 Tbs of Thai curry powder
Red pepper flake
Toasted sesame seeds


Directions

Cook your rice and set aside. Chop all of your vegetables and lightly steam them. I like my vegetables warm but to still have a little crunch to them. In a sauté pan on medium heat add the vegetable stock, and the coconut milk and stir until the two are combined. Then add the curry powder and the juice from a lime. The lime will give it lots a flavor with no need for salt. Whisk this mixture until combined and cook the sauce util it starts to thicken a little bit. 

To assemble the dish I scoop 2 cups of rice into a bowl and turn it out onto a serving bowl. I then ladle the curry sauce around the rice, then add the vegetables. Garish with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. 


Enjoy and remember to be always mindful and eat with compassion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs